Artisans Folk Art, Unusual Antiques, and Outsider Art
Mail order since 1987. Internet sales since 1995. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Links to folk art, antiques, outsider art and related sites:
museums, publications, environments, etc.
Thanks for visiting our site. Before you leave, may we suggest you bookmark our home page for an easy return visit. We always like to add links to interesting sites. If you have suggestions, please send them to us at .
Other Sites From Around the World:
- Rising Fawn Folk Art Gallery: We represent some of the best known folk artists including a wide spectrum of Outsider Art, Primitive Art, Self-Taught Art, as well as the African-American influence. All this, along with a folk art Sculpture garden, is displayed in a beautiful wooded setting high atop Lookout Mountain.
- Folk America: Over one thousand five hundred works by more than fifty artists. We offer a wide selection of 20th Century American Folk, Self-Taught, Outsider and Visionary Art, with a particular emphasis on the South.
- Folk Art Plus: Contemporary folk art that makes you smile, at affordable prices.
- The Hobo Nickel Guy: Coin carving is an old folk art made popular by HOBOS during the depression. Hand carved on real coins with engraving tools and imagination, Mike Pezak is reviving this wonderful art and taking it to new exciting levels.
- Tanner Hill Gallery: Folk art, outsider art, and contemporary art.
- San Angel Folk Art: A San Antonio based gallery featuring a diverse collection of Outsider and Self-taught Southern American Folk Artists along with an extensive
representation of Mexican folk art masters.
- Marla Mallett Textiles Tapestries and textile folk art from around the world. 1400 photos!
- Yard Dog Folk Art.
- Hustontown: A gallery site featuring the works of several self-taught artists as well as anonymous pieces, most for sale.
- Aurence and Patty Biegun folk and outsider art: self made and gallery.
- Self-Taught Folk Art A private collector's experiences visiting self-taught artists of the American South. Information on artists, book reviews and more.
- Southern Heart Gallery: Featuring the art of Barbara Steele Thibodeaux. Originals and Limited Edition Lithographs.
- Primitive Kool Gallery: A large collection of Outsider, Folk and Self Taught Art featuring informative biographies of each artist featured.
- Noisy Boy and Disorderly Girl: Mexican Silver, Arts & Crafts-era, 20th Century, Eclectic and More!
- Fran's Hobo Page: This site is about, and for, The American Hoboes and has one page devoted to "Hobo Art" which can be accessed from the "Hobolinks Page.
- Garde Rail Gallery: Seattle-based gallery dedicated to contemporary folk, self-taught, and
outsider art from the Northwest and beyond.
- Outsider art at the Beverly Kaye Gallery: Art Brut, Outsider Art, and Self-taught art. Emerging and master artists. Over 125 images and thoughtful text by both the art and psychiatric communities.
- Florida Highwaymen Resource Site: A complete resource to the Florida Highwaymen, including news, information, paintings and much more.
- Arab Art Gallery: Featuring a collection of original paintings which reflect traditional Arabic life style and Islamic artworks.
- IsabelDeco Gallery: High quality oil reproductions of Masterpieces:
Van Gogh, Monet, Renoir, Cezanne, Degas, Manet, Botticelli, & more.
- Roggeri Joffe toymakers: Toys,handmade and handpainted,derived from books and legends,powered by sweet energies such as wind,heat,gravity and feelings.
- Kicking Bull Gallery:
Featuring American folk art, decoys, weathervanes, Native American
Indian bowls, contemporary paintings and antiques from the New England area.
- Peter Hunt & Peasant Village: Focusing on the folk and decorative art of Provincetown artist Peter Hunt (1896-1967). Site includes a detailed biography, gallery, library and links.
- The Saatchi Gallery
- Antiques at Rue 154: We receive regularly containers from the UK and the continent and have a vintage American Antiques and Collectibles area, which is continually changing and growing.
- ohn Noott Galleries modern British, Victorian and contemporary paintings.
Antiques (including tribal)
- One of a Kind Antiques: Fine and diverse collection of period American and English furniture, estate jewelry, silver, paintings Arts and Crafts, Modernism, through 20th century designs. Appraisals.
- "Eureka, I Found It" Antiques and Collectibles for sale. Also online auctions, links.
- Antique Associates at West Townsend: A group shop offering quality antiques. They also have a page of links to other sites.
- The Antiques Council: Group of dealers formed to manage charity shows, educational articles, home pages for 10 dealers.
- MJ's Antique-hangups: Antiques, Ephemera, Collectibles, Books, Magazines.
- Phil Watson's Antique and Vintage Lighting: Antique and vintage lighting in the Northeast with
residential and industrial lighting from 1820's to the modern era.
- Kimball Sterling Auctions: A fine auction House which handles folk and outsider art.
- Ken Farmer Auctions: A fine general auction house which handles more traditional antiques and folk art.
- Auctionhome: Buy and sell anything under the sky 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Listing is free!
- Maine Antique Digest: The Marketplace For Americana. It's a very good publication.
- Antiques & the Arts Weekly, the weekly antiques and art newspaper from Connecticut, sometimes known as The Newtown Bee.
- Folk Art, a quarterly magazine of the Museum of American Folk Art. Phone 212-977-7170.
- Raw Vision Magazine: A quarterly magazine of outsider art and art brut.
- Books on Antiques.com: Offering thousands of books regarding every aspect of collecting.
- AA Art Web - An excellent resource for art.
- The Internet Antiques Guide: A searchable index of Antiques Dealers and Events. Over 1500 Antiques Fairs and Auctions added each month.
- Heritage Book Shop: An antiquarian book shop specializing in fine copies of rare books and first editions.
PaperBackSwap.com - Book club to swap, trade & exchange paperbacks, hardbacks, and audio books for free.
Self-taught artists with their own sites, contemporary "folk art", crafts, general links.
- Marcus Martenson: A Swedish artist working on found pieces of wood which he decorates
with the humorous, fantastic, and deeply spiritual stories from his life.
- Blacktop: Self-taught artist whose paintings of landscapes and wildlife reflect the true rural South.
- Eileen Doman
- Art of America Past: Americana... Traditional... Frontier and
Military theme paintings by artist David Hasler.
- Sharon Mark, Naive Artist
- bebofolkart.com: BEBO is a folk artist living in Kingston Springs, TN. He makes critters: fish, gators, snakes, etc. out of old barn wood and paints them with tractor paint.
- John Hein Designer/builder of one-of-a-kind, craft-based, hardwood furniture.
- Strawser Tramp Art: Newly made tramp art out of recycled cigar boxes, fruit crates, and
shipping pallets by fourth generation Pennsylvania German folk artist
Daniel Strawser Jr.
- Dan Pohl Furniture Fine Handmade Furniture Inspired by Tramp Art, Folk Art, American Country Furniture.
- M Shaw Folk Art: Gallery of original folkart painting on found materials.
- Art Display Essentials: a mail order company selling; display stands, bases, cases, pedestals, easels, and custom mount making for art, antiquities, collectibles.
- Pumpkinseeds originals folk art: Whimsical Holiday and not so Holiday Papier Mache clay folk art creations.
- Hobos in Wood
- Folk 'n' Fiber, Folk Art & Rug Hooking
- The Seneca Valley Crafts Collection: Featuring folk art, primitives and more. "I also crochet rugs which include using plastic bags. For each small rug I make I keep 300 bags or so out of the land fills."
Register to receive updates when we add new items.
If there is any problem with registering, please
Artisans: Matt Lippa or Elizabeth Schaaf
P.O. Box 256, Mentone, AL 35984 USA
(256) 634-4037 (9AM - 5PM Central Time Only please.)
Copyright © Artisans. All Rights Reserved.